Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 14 Tech Tip: Weather Widget

This week I added the weather widget to my blog. I actually kind of felt like this is a little silly, since most of everyone in this class seems to be located mostly within Norman, but it was still kind of fun to put on my blog anyway.

My favorite type of weather is the damp, slow, rainy day that doesn't happen too often in Oklahoma. Even though I've spent most of my life here, I really get tired of the humidity of the summers and would love colder winters. As long as I have at least one somewhat sunny day in a week or so, I'm happy with any rain or fog.

I actually grew up in Moore, which, if anyone is familiar with Oklahoma, they'll know that Moore has been hit multitudes of times by major tornadoes. A video of my home being hit by the last tornado (2013) was actually purchased by several media companies and has been featured in many newscasts and documentaries, which is always weirdly amusing for me to come across. (No one was home and no one was hurt!)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad no one was home. That's still hard to lose your home. I have had friends either have damage or lose their home to a tornado. That is kind of awesome though that it is used by some newscasts and documentaries. I would love a cold winter but I only like it when there is snow. I don't like pointless cold winters.

    ReplyDelete