Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 14 Famous Last Words



This week I decided to watch Peter Brook’s Mahabharata instead of reading for a bit of a change. I am doing a massive amount of reading in other areas, so it was a nice change. It was difficult for me to commit to five hours of content, so I ended up watching the majority of the piece on double time. Like I mentioned in the Reading Feedback post, I think this would have been better split between two weeks.

My best writing for this week will definitely be for my Portfolio piece. Although, I don’t necessarily consider myself to be a great fiction writer, I have enjoyed spending time writing the storytelling posts thus far. I don’t really come across writer’s block often for this class, as it tends to be very straightforward, with the exception on commenting on others’ work. I work as a writing tutor, so I tend to analyze the writing of others over my own and it can be hard for me to separate the critique I would give one of my own students versus what I would give to a classmate.  I did very much enjoy getting to read the projects for the Myth-Folklore class! 

My writing work is far from complete, however, as I have three five-page essays due by Friday for other classes! My other classes are coming to a close. I have been taking Nutrition as the final requirement for my GenEd sciences. It’s been more interesting than I had previously expected, but I am quite ready to be done with classes at this point. I am also in a Russian Literature course (in Russian) and a Russian Literature course as an Independent Study, which are extremely time demanding courses. 

Outside of school, I am preparing myself to study abroad in Russia next semester and getting my affairs in order to begin searching for a full-time job. I’m doing my best to elude true adulthood, but it seems to be creeping on me nonetheless. 

Procrastination by Sarah Andersen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah, just a quick note: Peter Brook's film is two weeks' worth of watching (see below)... and I love the Russian cheezburger meme you made. First-ever Russian meme for this class! отлично! (I was a Polish major in school and long ago I spoke Russian too... so it was fun to see that!)


    WEEK 1:
    Reading A until 1:15 (before the dice game begins)
    1. The Beginnings
    2. Youth and Marriage
    3. The Gambling Match (you'll see the A/B break)
    Reading B until 2:30 (from the dice game to the court of Virata)
    3. The Gambling Match (start with the dice game)
    4. Exile in the Forest
    5. The Search for Arms

    WEEK 2:
    I haven't written up guides for this week, but now that you know the main characters, it should be easy to follow!
    Reading A until 4:10 (ends with the death of Abhimanyu)
    Reading B until the end

    ReplyDelete